One of your favorite autumn desserts just got a little more flavorful with this delectable recipe for easy caramel apple crisp!
- 6 medium sized apples, any variety
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup of your favorite caramel sauce, plus extra for drizzling!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Peel, core and slice the apples into 1/2-inch slices.
- Put the apple slices along with the lemon juice, the cinnamon, the allspice and the cloves in a mixing bowl and toss them to combine everything up.
- Pour in ½ cup of the caramel sauce and give it another stir to coat. Transfer the apple filling into a 10 inch oven safe skillet (you KNOW I love my cast iron skillet for this one!), spreading it all the way to the edge of the skillet
- Now for the topping! Put the flour, oats, and brown sugar into a mixing bowl, give it a stir until it is all mixed up, and then add the softened butter. With clean hands, smoosh the butter into the oat mixture until it is crumbly and then sprinkle it over your apple mixture. then add the butter and mash it into the dry ingredients with your fingers until crumbs form.
- Pop it into the oven and bake it up until the topping is golden and you can see some bubbling along the edges, about 40 minutes
- Let it cool for about 10-15 minutes, divide it among bowls and top with a little more caramel sauce (and a little ice cream or whipped cream would also be fabulous!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!