Your favorite cheesy brunch sandwich gets a whole lot easier to make with this recipe for waffle iron Croque Monsieur quesadillas!
- 4 eight inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces thin sliced ham
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar (optional but oh so good!)
- Your choice of dippings – mustard if you are going savory, jam if you are going sweet
- Set waffle iron to its highest setting.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with olive oil. Put one tortilla oiled side down on the waffle iron. Spread ¼ of the cheese on the tortilla (leaving about 1 inch of the tortilla empty all around the edge), followed by half the ham. Sprinkle another 1/4 of the cheese on top of the ham. Place the second tortilla on top, oiled side up, and close the waffle iron.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the tortillas are browned and the cheese is melty.
- Remove and repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges, sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and serve with toppings!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!