Move over hamburgers – this recipe for the best turkey burgers ever is in town! All your favorite fixings on a leaner, healthier, just as tasty burger!
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 burger rolls (we like to run ours through the toaster for a little crunch!)
- 4 slices American cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Lettuce leaves and pickles slices for garnish
- Heat a heavy large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Spread the ground turkey out on a cutting board and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick, keeping them as loose as possible while still holding together.
- Raise bacon skillet to high and place burgers in gently. Cook without moving for 3 minutes. Flip carefully and cook, covered for another three minutes. If you want your cheese totally melted top your burgers as soon as you flip them – if not, add it when you have one minute to go.
- While the burgers are cooking, mix the mayo and ketchup together to make a sauce. When the burgers are done, assemble as follows: Bottom bun, sauce, lettuce, burger, piece of bacon, top of bun. Enjoy!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!