There are scones, and then there are these melt in your mouth, perfect with a cup of tea, best cream scones in the world!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup currants, raisins or other dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until well combined.
- Mix together cream, vanilla and eggs. Take 2 tablespoons out of this mixture and set aside.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture, add currants or raisins and mix as lightly as possible until just combined.
- Pat dough into a 12 inch circle and cut it into 12 wedges. Arrange them on the cookie sheet, tucking the pointed ends underneath.
- Brush the tops with the reserved cream mixture and sprinkle with a little sugar (you can use regular but sometimes my mom uses the coarse decorative sugar crystals.)
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a rack for as long as you can stand it before you dive in.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!