What’s better than blueberry cobbler? Texas Blueberry Cobbler, with a light lemony batter over sweet blueberries for a perfect summer dessert!
- 4 tablespoons butter cut into 4 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- Zest from one lemon
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350. Place 4 tablespoons cut up butter in 9×13 inch baking pan and put in oven until butter is melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove but leave oven on.
- Put 1/4 cup sugar and lemon zest in food processor and whirl until combined, about 5 seconds.
- Mash blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the lemon sugar until berries are just a bit smooshed.
- Put flour, remaining sugar and baking powder in large bowl and stir to combine with a whisk. Whisk in 8 tablespoons melted cooled butter and milk until smooth.
- Pour batter into the baking dish with the melted butter.
- Drop spoonfuls of blueberry mixture evenly over batter, sprinkle with remaining lemon sugar and bake until golden brown and edges are crispy, about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool about 30 minutes and serve warm.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!