Swap out the usual pie crust for a Tater Tot crust with this easy recipe for Tater Tot quiche! It’s a brunch treat that even the kids will love.
- 4 cups Tater Tots, thawed
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the Tater Tots with the melted butter and half of the salt and pepper until they are broken up into pieces. Press the mixture into the pie plate, smooshing the mixture up the sides and along the bottom.
- Cook bacon until it is just crispy. Scoop out and drain on paper towels.
- Whisk the milk and eggs together, then stir in the remaining salt and pepper, the cooked bacon and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie plate and sprinkle with oregano and the rest of the cheese. Pop it in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes, slice into wedges, scatter on some scallions and serve!