This easy recipe for summertime corn barley salad combines summery veggies with hearty barley for a delectable side dish.
- 1 cup pearled barley
- Kernels from two ears of fresh corn
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Juice and zest from one lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook barley according to package directions and drain. Give it a brief rinse under cold water to cool it down.
- Mix together cooked barley, corn, tomatoes and scallions.
- Put lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper into a small jar. Shake well, then drizzle into the salad, tasting as you go, until it is dressed to your liking.
- Add the thyme and parmesan and give it one more toss. Season with salt and pepper if needed and serve!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!