This simple and scrumptious recipe for a summer tomato salad with feta and herbs is the perfect way to serve up those local summer tomatoes!
- 2 large local tomatoes (heirloom if you can get them!)
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- Slice tomatoes and arrange on a serving platter or individual plates.
- Scatter feta on top of tomatoes, followed by herbs.
- Drizzle on lemon juice, then olive oil, then balsamic vinegar.
- Grind on some fresh pepper and serve!