This easy recipe for steamed cheeseburgers cooks up a tender, cheesy burger with no flipping, no splattering and ALL the deliciousness!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (80-85% lean works best)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I love the Cabot brand!) at room temperature
- 4 soft hamburger rolls
- Your choice of condiments!
- Fill alarge pot (if you are using a metal vegetable steamer) or large deep skillet (if you are using a cooling rack with legs) with water that comes close to the bottom of the steamer or rack but does not touch it. Bring water to a boil.
- Mix beef, Worcestershire and salt and pepper and form into 4 patties. Using a spatula so you don’t get too close to the steam, place the burgers on the rack or steamer, cover the pan and cook for 7 minutes.
- Turn off the burner, open the lid and quickly divide cheese between burgers, mounding it up in the center of each burger. Cover pan for 2 minutes.
- Meantime, warm rolls in microwave for about 15 seconds (or toast them if you like that better!). Place bottom buns on plates and spread with condiments while cheese is melting.
- When the cheese is nice and melty, use the spatula to move burgers to the bottom rolls. Place rthe oll tops on burgers and serve right away while they are piping hot!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!