This recipe for sour cream lemon potato salad swaps the mayo for the bright tastes of a creamy citrus dressing, and baby potatoes means no peeling! Now that’s a side dish winner all the way around.
- 4 cups baby potatoes, rinsed well
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Juice and zest from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and run under cold water until cooled.
- Cut into halves (you can leave any very small ones whole) and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add sour cream and toss until coated.
- Add lemon juice and zest, dill and shallot and toss again. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- You can either serve this immediately, or you can chill it down in the fridge for several hours if you like your potato salad cool!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!