This easy recipe for slow cooker sweet potato chili adds hearty chunks of sweet potato to everyone’s favorite comfort food supper!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 10.7 ounce cans tomato puree
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup sour cream for garnish (optional)
- 2 scallions, chopped, for garnish (optional
- Place the ground beef in a heavy deep skillet and cook over medium high heat until browned.
- Transfer the beef and all remaining ingredients except for the sour cream and scallions to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. No peeking!
- After 8 hours, give everything a good stir. Ladle into bowls, garnish with sour cream and/or scallions if you like and dig in!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!