This easy recipe for slow cooker sticky chicken cooks low and slow in a orange honey soy sauce that is super flavorful!
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Juice and peel from one orange
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Spray a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, orange juice and peel and ginger in a bowl and mix well with a fork. Add the chicken and toss until well coated, and then put the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours until the chicken is cooked through (you can test with an instant read thermometer – it should read 165 degrees). Take the chicken out and keep it warm under a piece of foil.
- Whisk the cornstarch and the water together and pour into the slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker to high and let the sauce cook until it thickens up just a little stirring frequently, about 10 minutes or so. Taste and add salt and pepper until it seasoned up the way you like it.
- Divide the chicken among plates, drizzle with sauce, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve!
Chicken: You can serve the chicken in whole pieces, or you can shred it and dunk it back in the sauce – we’ve tried it both ways and we like the shredded way best but you be you!)
Soy Sauce: We prefer low-sodium soy sauce (always!) because while you can always add salt, you can’t take it out! You can find it right next to the regular soy sauce.