This comfort food recipe for shrimp pot pies features tender shrimp in a creamy tomato sauce, topped with oyster crackers. The perfect seafood supper!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 eight ounce bottle of clam juice
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup oyster crackers, crushed into crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray individual ramekins with cooking spray (see note).
- Add two tablespoons of butter to a medium skillet and add the onion, celery and carrots. Sauté over medium high heat for 5 minutes, stirring every now and again.
- Add flour and stir until veggies are coated. Add cream and tomato paste and stir again. Add the clam juice and Old Bay and parsley and simmer until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Stir in the shrimp and divide the mixture among ramekins.
- Melt the last tablespoon of butter and stir into oyster cracker crumbs. Divide the crumbs among the ramekins and pat down gently.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, cool slightly and serve!
You can also make this in one regular sized casserole if you prefer!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!