Granola can be savory as well as sweet – try this recipe for a spicy savory version that is perfect as a soup, salad or egg topping, or even all on its own!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or any other nuts you like!)
- 1/2 cup salted shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Stir oats, nuts, seeds and thyme together.
- Beat the egg white with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Scrape egg white into bowl and stir until everything is well coated with egg. Add salt and pepper.
- Spread on a foil-lined rimmed baking pan and bake in 350 degree oven until browned, about 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, then break into pieces.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!