This easy recipe for salmon burgers uses seafood, spices and some crushed potato chips to create a healthy and delicious burger alternative to ground beef. They are great topped with tartar sauce and on a roll, or pop them on some greens for a salmon burger salad!
- Slice the salmon into roughly 2-3 inch uniform chunks. Put 3/4 of the salmon in your food processor and process until very finely chopped.
- Add the rest of the salmon to the food processor and pulse it 2 to 3 times until the newly added salmon is cut into small chunks, about the size of peas.
- Transfer the salmon mixture to a bowl and stir in the mustard, scallions, capers, Old Bay and pepper. Gently stir in the crushed potato chips.
- Form the salmon mixture into patties.
- Put the butter and olive oil on to a griddle or into a large skillet over medium high heat. When the butter is melted, place the patties carefully onto the griddle or skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve on hamburger rolls or on a bed of lettuce, with lemon wedges and tartar sauce on the side. Sprinkle crushed potato chips on top.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!