Meta: This easy recipe for roasted tomato pesto bisque is a richly flavorful comfort food perfect for fall and winter lunches!
- 6 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup pesto
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil, parchment or a silicone mat.
- Toss the tomatoes and garlic with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the prepared pan in a single layer and roast for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatoes and garlic to a blender, add the half and half, chicken broth and pesto and puree.
- Pour the soup into a pot and heat over medium until everything is heated through. Ladle into warmed bowls and serve.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!