This healthy hearty recipe for a roasted salmon grain bowl pairs tender seafood with colorful veggies and farro for a flavorful and satisfying supper!
- 1 8 ounce salmon filet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup farro (see note)
- ½ pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into one inch pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup pistachios
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place salmon skin side down on the baking sheet, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, take out from oven and set aside.
- While the salmon is roasting cook farro according to package directions and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the asparagus. Cook 2-4 minutes until crisp tender, about 5 minutes, and then drain. Run cold water over the asparagus to stop them from cooking.
- Combine ¼ cup olive oil, lemon juice, thyme and mustard in a small jar and shake shake shake.
- Place the cooked farro, tomatoes, parsley and asparagus in a large bowl, drizzle with half the dressing and toss until combined.
- Gently pull the salmon apart with two forks into large flakes.
- Divide the farro mixture among plates, top with salmon, scatter pistachios on top, drizzle with a little more dressing and serve!
You can substitute barley or brown rice for the farro if you prefer!