Bacon and eggs meet ramen noodles in this quick and delicious comfort food recipe for ramen pasta carbonara. A speedy kid-friendly supper!
- 4 eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 3 three ounce packages ramen noodles
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the eggs in a bowl with all but 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, most of the parsley and one of the ramen seasoning packets (toss the other two). Whisk it all up together and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large deep skillet until crispy. Scoop out with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels, leaving the drippings in the skillet.
- Cook ramen according to package directions until done, scooping out a cup of pasta water at the end.
- Add the hot cooked ramen to the skillet with the bacon drippings, followed by the butter, the egg mixture and the bacon and toss to coat – the heat of the ramen is going to cook that egg mixture just the right amount. Sprinkle in some pepper, and if you think the sauce needs a little loosening up, drizzle in some of that pasta water that you saved. Sometimes I do this and sometimes I don’t.
- Divide among warmed plates, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and parsley and serve!