Cool and refreshing gazpacho gets a makeover with this recipe for a quick and easy pineapple shrimp gazpacho. This may be your new favorite summer soup!
- 3 cups chopped pineapple (fresh is great but canned will work fine!)
- 3 cups peeled and chopped cucumber
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Hot sauce
- Put pineapple, cucumber, lime juice, pineapple juice, olive oil and scallions in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Chill for several hours in the refrigerator (if you can bear it – you can also proceed directly to the next step if you can’t stand waiting!)
- Right before serving, give it a stir. Divide among bowls and shake on a little hot sauce. Divide shrimp among bowls, and top with cashews.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Here’s what we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to cook this up! Click on the picture to get the link.
If you decide to serve this soup up as an appetizer, here are the shooter glasses we love to use!