Baked potatoes meet pizza in this easy recipe for pizza stuffed potatoes, and it’s a suppertime match made in heaven. Pepperoni optional!
- 4 Idaho baking potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 12–16 slices pepperoni (optional!)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Sea salt and pepper
- Pierce potatoes a few times with a paring knife and microwave on full power until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes. A knife should go into it easily. If your potatoes aren’t tender after 8 minutes, flip them over, pop them back in and microwave for another 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut an oval shape into the top of each one and scoop out the insides, leaving the skins intact.
- Mash the insides with the butter, cream cheese, milk and one cup of the mozzarella. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread a tablespoon of the pizza sauce in the bottom of each potato skin shell. Divide the potato filling amount the shells, pressing down and leaving a little indentation on top.
- Spoon a little pizza sauce into the indentation on each potato. If you have pepperoni lovers around, tuck a few pepperoni slices on top and cover with remaining mozzarella, otherwise just use the mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, remove from the oven and serve!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!