Baked potatoes meet pizza in this easy recipe for pizza baked potatoes, and it’s a suppertime match made in heaven!
- 4 baking potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 12–16 slices pepperoni (optional!)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Sea salt and pepper
- Pierce potatoes a few times with a paring knife and microwave on full power until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes. A knife should go into it easily. If your potatoes aren’t tender after 8 minutes, flip them over, pop them back in and microwave for another 4 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut an oval shape into the top of each one and scoop out the insides, leaving the skins intact.
- Mash the insides with the butter, cream cheese, milk and one cup of the mozzarella. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread a tablespoon of the pizza sauce in the bottom of each potato skin shell. Divide the potato filling amount the shells, pressing down and leaving a little indentation on top.
- Spoon a little pizza sauce into the indentation on each potato. If you have pepperoni lovers around, tuck a few pepperoni slices on top and cover with remaining mozzarella, otherwise just use the mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, remove from the oven and serve!
Potatoes: You want potatoes with a sturdy skin to hold in the mashed pizza deliciousness, so look for Russet or Idaho potatoes in your produce section.
Pizza Sauce: You can find this right near the pasta sauce in your supermarket.