This easy recipe for pecan pie squares swaps the pie crust for a tender cake layer topped with classic pecan pie filling!
- 1 15.25 ounce box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Scoop out 2/3 cup of the cake mix and set aside. Put the remaining cake mix in a bowl with the butter and 1 egg and mix.
- Press the cake mixture into the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, mix the remaining 2/3 cup of cake mix with 3 eggs, the corn syrup and the brown sugar.
- Pour the corn syrup mixture over the crust and sprinkle with the pecans. Pop it back into the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool it completely, cut into squares and serve. Possibly with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!