Homemade peach pie is a breeze with this peach slab pie recipe! Easy to make, easy to serve and perfect for a peach loving crowd.
- 2 refrigerated uncooked pie crusts
- 4 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced (about 6 to 8 peaches)
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes (regular or sweetened)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with nonstick foil, using 2 pieces so you have some overlap hanging over all sides.
- Cut the piecrust dough into rough 9×9 inch squares. Place the first square in the baking dish, pressing the edges a little way up the sides.
- Scatter the cereal over the dough, and then put the peaches in a layer on top of the dough.
- Pour the brown sugar evenly over the peaches.
- Top with the second crust and press the edges down towards the bottom crust. They don’t have to be sealed. Cut a few steam slices in the top crust and bake until golden, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for about ten minutes and then carefully remove from the pan, using the foil edges as handles. Cool on a rack in the foil until completely cool. The waiting is the hardest part!
- When the pie is cool, make the glaze by mixing the milk and vanilla into the powdered sugar. If it is too thick add a little more milk.
- Carefully invert the pie onto a cookie sheet, and then again onto a platter. Drizzle the glaze over the top. Use it all!
- Cut into slabs and serve.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!