This easy recipe for no bake chocolate haystack cookies is a great project to make with the kiddos!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (see note)
- 3 cups instant oatmeal
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment or waxed paper.
- Put the butter, milk, both sugars and cocoa powder in a medium pot over medium heat. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Now turn the heat up to medium high and stir until the chocolate mixture is at a rapid boil. Let it boil for one minute, stirring the whole time, and then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and the oats until everything is well combined.
- Drop by tablespoon-fuls onto the cookie sheets (if you have a cookie scoop this is the perfect time to use this!).
- Refrigerate for two hours, then remove from the cookie sheet. These babies are delicious but sticky, so store them in a single layer…if you have any left over!
You can substitute other extract flavors if you want to introduce another taste to the chocolate. Peppermint, almond and banana are all fun!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!