This easy recipe for mussels in blue cheese sauce is packed with all kinds of flavor, and ready in a snap! The perfect seafood supper.
- 1 two-pound bag mussels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 8 ounces rice or thin spaghetti (or whatever pasta you like), cooked and drained
- Rinse mussels, discarding any with open or broken shells and pulling off any of the beards (strings coming out of the mussels).
- Melt butter in large skillet and sauté carrots and onions for 5 minutes over medium high heat.
- Add mussels and white wine and cover until mussels are open, about 5 minutes.
- Remove mussels with slotted spoon into bowl and set aside.
- Add blue cheese to pan and stir until melted.
- Divide pasta among plates (use plates with a bit of a lip to them so that you don’t have spillage issues!)
- Top pasta or rice with mussels, and then pour sauce over all. It is going to look like a LOT, but trust me, it’s the right amount. Those shells take up a lot of room. Make sure you have a bowl on the table so that folks can toss the empty shells into it as they go.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!