This recipe for mashed honey butternut squash is as easy to make as it is delicious to eat! A flavorful side dish for Thanksgiving or any time you get a squash craving.
- 2 pounds of butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking pan with parchment.
- Spread the squash cubes in a single layer on your baking pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme. Drizzle with honey.
- Roast until softened, 45 to 60 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to work with, about 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, scoop some of the cooked squash into a food processor.
- Puree the squash until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl. Repeat with the remaining squash. Stir in butter and cream and serve warm.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!