Loaded cauliflower soup is a lighter version of everyone’s favorite potato soup, and it might just turn into your new go-to comfort food lunch!
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven or other deep pot until done to your liking. Scoop out and drain on paper towels, leaving the drippings in the pot.
- Add the celery and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the cauliflower, chicken broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat until it is at a simmer, cover the pot and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Either pour the mixture into a blender and puree (you might have to do this in batches) or puree it in the pot with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Ladle into warmed bowls, top with bacon, cheese and scallions and serve!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!