This speedy recipe for lasagna soup takes everyone’s favorite pasta dish and lightens it up into a delicious comfort food supper!
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained)
- 2 cups chicken broth (I like the Pacific and Imagine brands in the box)
- 4 ounces short pasta (wide egg noodles, campanelle, etc)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup ricotta, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded or chopped mozzarella cheese, room temperature
- Brown beef over medium high heat in a large heavy pot (a Dutch oven is ideal). Add onion and cook until soft, another 5 minutes or so. Stir in oregano and tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook until they are tender (check for the timing on the pasta box). Taste and add salt as needed.
- Ladle soup into four bowls. Sprinkle parsley on top. Add a generous spoonful of ricotta, scatter shredded mozzarella on the top and grind on some pepper. Serve at once.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!