Like to cook, but not so keen on figuring out what to cook every dang day? Here we come with a weekly collection of meals, sides, and even dessert!
Y’ALL! Here comes a brand-new feature over here on Framed Cooks! Starting tomorrow morning, I’ll get your weekends off to a delicious start by providing you with a collection of meal ideas for your upcoming week.
Here’s what I’m planning to put together each week…
Four Main Meal Ideas!
Think pasta, chicken, meat, seafood, eggs.
- Each recipe will include full nutritional info
- All recipes will include ideas for things to serve alongside
- Most weeks will include at least one vegetarian entree
One Light Supper Idea!
Think soups, salads and sandwiches.
- These will also include full nutritional info
- All recipes will work in seasonal ingredients if possible.
- If lunch is your thing, these recipes will be perfect!
Because what’s dinner without dessert? I ASK YOU.
- Again, full nutritional info (although with dessert, I never like to look! )
- Most dessert recipes will be good for several days
Now, two important things to note.
First up, you’ll see I’m not giving you a recipe for all seven days of the week, because I’m a firm believer in taking a day or two off from the kitchen. That will also give you the chance to work in some of your own faves…or just to do takeout!
Second, I’m not assigning specific days of the week to the recipes (although my Nana would definitely have done that. Sundays were ALWAYS leg of lamb, peas and carrots, mashed potatoes and Neapolitan ice cream squares for dessert.)
That way you can move them around in whatever order you would like! And, once I get a few weekly menus under my belt, you can always find the previous ones here, in case you want to mix things up!
Look for our first weekly menu tomorrow, and then every Saturday after that. And please please please, let me know what you think!
In the meantime, here is my run-down of tips and tricks for shopping, organizing, and what to do when you just…can’t…face…cooking.