This super speedy recipe for Honey Lime Shrimp with Broccoli cooks up to sweet and savory perfection in no time. A seafood supper that will make you lose that takeout menu!
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 limes
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into bite sized florets
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Cut one lime in half and squeeze the juice out into a large plastic zipper bag. Drop the lime peel into the bag with the shrimp, soy sauce and honey and cumin and zip it up. Smoosh everything around together until well mixed, pop the bag in the fridge and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Steam or simmer up the broccoli until tender, about 5 minutes
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the shrimp and the marinade, turning the shrimp with tongs until they are just cooked through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Scoop out the shrimp and let the marinade simmer for another 1 to 2 minutes. Return the shrimp and the cooked broccoli to the skillet and toss until they are coated with sauce.
- Divide shrimp among plates and scatter the scallions and a pinch of sesame seeds on top. Cut the other lime into sections and put one or two on each plate for squeezing.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!