This crowd-pleasing recipe for honey fried chicken tenders adds a sweet drizzle of honey for a finger licking good supper!
- Canola oil
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Pour about 1 inch of canola oil into a heavy deep skillet or Dutch oven. Heat over medium high heat while you prepare the chicken.
- Mix the flour, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper together. Stir in the egg, milk and 1 tablespoon of honey to make the batter.
- Add the tenders to the batter and stir until coated. Using tongs, add them to the skillet and cook until golden and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Turn them once or twice during cooking.
- Divide the tenders among plates and drizzle with a little honey.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!