This easy recipe for fried chicken honey biscuits calls for quick fried boneless chicken nestled on biscuits slathered with honey butter.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken cutlets, pounded to be ¼ inch thick and cut in half
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Canola oil for frying (about 2-3 cups depending on the size of your pot or skillet)
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 8 biscuits
- Pour buttermilk into a plastic zipper bag and add ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken, seal it up, squish it all around until the chicken is coated and let it all marinate in the fridge for a least 2 hours and as much as all day.
- When you are ready to cook everything up, stir the butter and honey together and set it aside.
- If you are making your biscuits instead of using pre-made ones, cook them up now.
- Put the canola oil into a heavy deep skillet or Dutch Oven and heat over high heat for ten minutes.
- Pour the bread crumbs into a pie plate or other shallow dish. Coat the chicken pieces in breadcrumbs, pressing them into place (toss the buttermilk marinade).
- Fry the chicken in the oil until the chicken is cooked through and golden brown, about 6 minutes or so, turning the pieces over once or twice. Remove them to drain on paper towels, sprinkling them with a little more sea salt.
- Cut your biscuits in half horizontally and liberally spread each side with honey butter. Pop a piece of chicken on each biscuit bottom, top with the biscuit top and watch them fly off the table!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!