This speedy recipe for farmer’s market chicken salad pairs tender shredded chicken with fresh corn and tomatoes in a light dressing for the perfect summer meal.
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Juice from one lime
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded into bite sized pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- Kernels from 2 ears of corn (about a cup)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup basil, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- First make the dressing: put the vinegar, lime juice, mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small jar and shake shake shake it up!
- Put the chicken, avocado, corn, tomatoes and basil in a bowl and gently mix together. Drizzle on the dressing until it is dressed to your liking.
- Grind on some extra black pepper and divide among plates. Garnish with basil and serve!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!