This easy shrimp and new potato salad with a white wine tarragon dressing makes for a healthy and delicious lunch or light supper!
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and butterflied
- 1 pint new baby potatoes
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 head frisee or other lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer and cook shrimp until just done, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a bowl of cold water to cool.
- Bring another pot of water to boil and cook potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer potatoes to a bowl of cold water to cool.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut the larger ones in half. Place shrimp and potatoes in a large bowl.
- Gently stir in shallots and tarragon. Pour the wine over the mixture, cover and refrigerate for several hours and as long as overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, make a nice bed of lettuce on each plate. Give the salad another gentle stir, and divide among plates. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Serve at once.