This recipe for easy creamy chicken piccata is full of lemon flavor, and cooks up quickly, making it a perfect holiday or dinner party supper!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to about 1/2 inch thickness
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup capers
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Put beat egg into a shallow dish, and the flour into another. Stir a pinch each of salt and pepper into the flour.
- Put the butter and oil into a large skillet over medium high heat until butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, dip each chicken breast half into flour, then egg, then flour again. Add to skillet and cook for 4 minutes per side. Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add broth to skillet and stir for a minute, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the lemon juice and cream and simmer over low heat for a couple of minutes. Stir in capers.
- Return the chicken to the skillet along with any juices and simmer for a minute or two until just heated.
- Place a piece of chicken on each plate, ladle a generous amount of sauce on top and garnish with parsley and lemon zest. Serve at once.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!