This easy recipe for creamy chicken parmesan pasta blends the pasta right in with the cheesy chicken and tomatoes for a perfect comfort food supper!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound short pasta like penne or campanelle, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound chicken tenders, or boneless chicken breasts cut into small strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Put the beaten egg in one shallow dish (a pie plate works great for this) and the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in another. Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Add to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until golden, turning gently with tongs halfway through. Remove to a plate and add the rest of the oil to the skillet.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and stir until softened, about a minute or two. Stir in cream, oregano and salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and pasta and stir gently until everything is combined. Add one cup of mozzarella and stir again.
- Top with the rest of the cheese, cover the pan, turn off the heat and let it sit for about 5 minutes until cheese on top is nice and melty. Garnish with parsley and more parmesan, scoop and serve!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!