Send your lunch to the tropics with this easy and delicious recipe for coconut shrimp salad! Avocado, corn and a splash of lemon round out the flavors of this seafood sensation.
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (or cilantro, if you like that better)
- 1 peeled diced avocado
- Juice from one lemon (use the other half for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put the coconut in a small skillet over medium heat and stir it until it starts to turn golden. Pour it into a bowl (so it doesn’t keep cooking from the heat of the pan) and set it aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer. Add the shrimp and cook until they are just done, about 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse them under cold water until they are cool.
- Put the corn, parsley and avocado in a large bowl and gently toss. Stir in shrimp. Combine lemon juice and oil and pour over salad mixture and toss to coat.
- Divide your glorious shrimp salad between plates, sprinkle coconut over it all and serve it up!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)!