This light and lovely recipe for the classic Shrimp Louie salad pairs shrimp, fresh veggies and hardboiled eggs with a tangy dressing on the side!
For the dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
For the salad
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ½ pound medium to large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, either torn or use the small interior leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- Make the dressing by combining all dressing ingredients and letting them sit while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the Old Bay seasoning and the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are just done, about 3 minutes. Scoop them out and put them in a mixing bowl filled with ice water so they stop cooking.
- Arrange the lettuce on two plates. Divide up the shrimp, tomatoes, cucumber and eggs.
- You can either toss the dressing with the ingredients or do like I do and serve it on the side.