This easy recipe for chicken cobb salad features a tangy dressing tossed with all your Cobb salad favorites!
Spring is in the air, my friends! And while I’m not doing the closet switch-er-roo just yet, I am starting to work some dinner salads into our weekly menu line-ups.
One of my faves is this Chicken Cobb Salad, packed with all different flavors, from bacon to avocado to chicken, all tossed with an easy sweet and spicy dressing.
Cobb Salad (named after Robert Cobb, owner of the Brown Derby Hotel in Hollywood where it was first created in 1937) is usually presented in stripes of its ingredients…in other words, a line of chicken, a line of bacon, a line of tomatoes, etc., and you can definitely make yours that way.
However, in my house SOMEBODY doesn’t like SOMETHING in this salad, so I make customized lines on the various plates and then toss it all together. (I know, I’m an enabler.)
Here’s how you make Chicken Cobb Salad!
Put 4 slices of your favorite bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook until it is nice and crispy. Remove and cut or tear into thirds.
Pour bacon drippings into a jar and add the 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, a tablespoon of mustard, a teaspoon of honey and a quarter cup of olive oil. Shake shake shake!
Arrange some chopped romaine lettuce on 4 plates and top with one quartered hardboiled egg, ½ cup chicken, ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, an avocado quarter and 1/8 cup blue cheese.
(And if you would rather, simply put all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, toss and divide among plates.)
Drizzle the dressing over all and serve!
I love all the colors in there!
More tips for making Chicken Cobb Salad!
The Southern husband is the Chief Chicken Shredder in our house and he loves his Bear Paw Shredder Claws, but there are all different methods, including putting it in your mixer – here’s a handy guide from our friends at Delish!
Yes it can, except for adding the dressing – do that right before you serve it so nothing gets soggy.
One of the great things about Cobb salad is that it can be customized! So if someone doesn’t like blue cheese, or eggs, or (horrors!) bacon, you can leave it off of their plate.
Personally, I think the more salads we eat for lunch and supper, the faster spring will get here. Who’s with me?
Want to round out your meal? This recipe pairs well with...
This easy recipe for chicken Cobb salad features a tangy dressing tossed with all your Cobb salad favorites! Plus chicken!
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded into bite sized pieces (see note)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Put bacon in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook until crispy. Remove and cut or tear into thirds.
- Pour bacon drippings into a jar and add the vinegar, mustard, honey and olive oil. Shake shake shake!
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates and top with one quartered egg, ½ cup chicken, ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, an avocado quarter and 1/8 cup blue cheese. (and if you would rather, simply put all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, toss and divide among plates.
- Drizzle the dressing over all and serve!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!