This speedy recipe for a cherry tomato green bean salad is not only healthy and delicious, it’s also full of summer colors!
- ½ pound green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- ½ pound cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Put the beans into a pot of salted boiling water and cook until just done, about 2-3 minutes. Drain and pop them into an ice bath so they stop cooking, then drain and dry them with a dishtowel.
- Now make the dressing: put the shallot, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper into a little jar and shake shake shake.
- Put the beans, tomatoes and basil into a bowl. Drizzle on the dressing, tasting as you go until the salad is dressing to your liking. Ready to serve!