Bread pudding takes a savory turn with this easy recipe for cheesy bacon bread pudding. A perfect comfort food brunch!
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Swiss and/or Jack cheese all work well!)
- 6 cups cubed bread
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray an oven safe casserole or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook bacon until crispy and scoop out to drain on paper towels.
- Whisk eggs, milk and pepper together in a large mixing bowl. Stir in cooked bacon, 2 cups of the cheese and the bread cubes.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and set. Cool for 10-15 and then serve it up!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!