This recipe for easy cheesy bacon and egg tacos adds some fun flavor to your breakfast. Sweet cherry tomatoes and avocado round out this dish with some healthy vegetable goodness.
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 4 corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Put the bacon in a large skillet and cook until crispy. Remove to paper towels to drain, leaving drippings in the skillet.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet and stir until they are breaking down and tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add the butter to the skillet and when it is melted, add the eggs and half the cheese.Stir constantly until the eggs are just set.
- Divide the eggs among the tortillas and top with bacon, cooked tomatoes, avocado and more cheese. Sprinkle with cilantro or parsley, and if you are feeling adventurous, a little Tabasco sauce!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!