This speedy recipe for chai spiced oatmeal pairs your favorite hot breakfast with some sweet spices. Perfect for a cozy brunch!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Warmed milk for serving (optional)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a simmer in a medium sized saucepan. Add the oatmeal and cook for 5 minutes, stirring every once in a while.
- When the oatmeal is thickened, stir in all remaining ingredients until fully combined.
- Divide among 2 warmed bowls, drizzle with honey and if you like, serve with warmed milk for pouring on top!
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!