A quick, simple recipe that blends sweet carrots with thyme for the perfect side dish to chicken, beef or fish. It’s the side dish you’ve been looking for!
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots cut on the diagonal into 1/2 inch slices (or you can use baby carrots!)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped off
- 1/2 cup water
- Sea salt
- Combine carrots, butter, thyme and water in a large skillet, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until the water is absorbed and the carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. You can check for doneness by poking one piece with a paring knife – it should go in easily. If your carrots need more time, add a little more water.
- Season to taste with sea salt and [email protected]
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!