This speedy recipe for buttered lemon chicken parmesan swaps the tomato sauce for a buttery lemon sauce that works perfectly with the cheese!
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten to blend
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 chicken breast halves, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- Combine the lemon zest, breadcrumbs, ½ cup Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper in a shallow dish or pie plate. Put the beaten egg in a separate dish.
- Put 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Dunk the chicken first in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing so the breadcrumbs stick.
- Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter and the lemon juice to the skillet and stir until butter is melted.
- Place one piece of chicken on each plate, drizzle with pan drippings and garnish with the remaining Parmesan and some parsley. Serve at once.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!