This easy recipe for beef stir-fry with sugar snap peas will make you forget where you put that take-out menu! Full of delicious flavor.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (or white, if you prefer)
- 1 pound tenderloin steak, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces snap peas, strings removed
- 5 to 6 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 1 lime)
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Ten minutes before rice is done, place steak in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch, and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Cook half the steak until browned on one side, 1 to 2 minutes (steak will cook further in step 4); transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Add snap peas, white part of scallions, ginger, red-pepper flakes, and 3/4 cup water to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook until snap peas turn bright green, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return steak to skillet until cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and mix in green part of scallions and lime juice.
- Serve over rice, sprinkled with sesame seeds and lime wedges on the side.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!