This easy recipe for banana cream pie cookies features all the flavors of that classic dessert, but in cookie form!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes instant banana cream pudding
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 Nilla Wafers, crushed into crumbs
- Put the butter and both sugars in a mixing bowl and mix at high speed until everything is looking fluffy.
- Lower the speed and mix in the eggs, vanilla and pudding mix.
- Put the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl, stir with a whisk until everything is combined, and then stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- Pop the dough in the refrigerator to chill for 45 minutes (this is to firm up the dough so it doesn’t spread too much when you bake them).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Scoop tablespoons of cookie dough, roll them balls and roll the dough balls in the Nilla wafer crumbs, smooshing them in as you go. Place the dough balls two inches apart on the cookie sheet, pressing down lightly.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Let the cookies sit for at least ten minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack – these are nice soft cookies, even after they cool.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying (without any extra cost to you)! Thanks for using them to keep our kitchen cooking…xoxo!