This easy recipe for baked shrimp with cheese grits takes this classic Southern supper and makes it even more delicious with two kinds of cheese!
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked grits
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- Tabasco sauce
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Put milk and broth in saucepan and heat to boiling. Add grits to saucepan in steady stream, whisking constantly. Add salt.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and stir until grits thicken. This can take anywhere from 5 to 50 minutes, depending on your grits – the package will give you a good idea of how long.
- When the grits have thickened, add cheeses and butter, stirring until everything is nice and melted.
- Stir in parsley, lemon juice, eggs and shrimp. Spoon into greased casserole dish.
- Bake until set, about 25 minutes.
- Serve with Tabasco sauce.