Popcorn gets better with caramel, cashews….and BACON! Pop up a batch of bacon cashew caramel popcorn with this fun and festive recipe.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped to make 12-15 cups popcorn (see note)
- 6 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Spray two large spoons with cooking spray as well.
- Combine popcorn, bacon and cashews in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat.
- Bring cream to a simmer in a small pot to heat it up and then set aside,
- Stir sugar, water and corn syrup in a medium pot over medium low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until syrup turns amber, occasionally swirling Pantones mix it up. This will take about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately add cream. The mixture is going to dramatically bubble up – don’t panic!
- Immediately pour mixture over popcorn, being Very Careful – it’s hot. Toss with the sprayed spoons until well-combined and transfer to baking sheet. Cool completely and then break up into chunks.
You can of course use already popped popcorn – just make sure it is the plain kind.
Need to add something to your kitchen equipment to make this recipe? Below are some of the items we used in the Framed Cooks kitchen to help cook this up. These are affiliate links to things we use and love, which helps to pay for all that bacon I keep buying!