This recipe for baby chocolate croissants is just the thing to satisfy your sweet tooth! Three ingredients, 16 teeny croissants, a whole lot of perfect brunch treats!
- One 17.3 ounce package puff pastry, defrosted in the fridge for 2–3 hours
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (regular or mini both work!)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Gently unpackage the slightly thawed puff pastry and place on a lightly floured surface. With a light floured rolling pin, gently roll out the puff pastry, extending the dough about 1 inch on all sides.
- With the pastry sheet horizontal, make three vertical cuts, making four strips of pastry dough. Cut each strip in half horizontally. You’ll have eight medium sized rectangles. Cut each rectangle in half diagonally, creating 16 triangles.
- Place 1 scant teaspoon of chocolate chips about 1/2-inch above the wide part of the triangle.
- Carefully roll the chocolate loaded end toward the point, pinching the dough together at the sides of the roll so the chocolate doesn’t ooze out during baking. Smoosh the point down just a bit into the rest of the dough so it stays together,
- Place the 16 small chocolate croissants on the baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle each top with just a bit of sea salt if you like a little salt with your chocolate.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and puffed.